Task 1.- What kind of inventions will we find in the year 2200? If we could travel in time, what would we bring from that year? Information about lottery tickets?
Have a look at these inventions, they will make our lives easier.
Task 2.- Have a look at the evolution of the telephone. What will future bring?
Task 3.- Look for the 10 most interesting inventions in time, stick a picture on a Drive document and share it with me.
This may help: Ten top inventions of all times
Listenings A1, A2, B1, B2
Have a look at the following ANIMAL IDIOMS
It’s raining cats and dogs
They are fighting as cats and dogs
I’m sick as a parrot
It’s dead as a dodo
Take the bull by its horns
Like a bull in a Chinese shop
Look for Spanish idioms and try to find its English translation (NOT THE LITERAL ONE):
* Estás como una cabra: You are like a goat (NO) = Mad as a bunch of frogs
* Eres tonto: You are a donkey (NO) = You are an ass
* Se te ha comido la lengua el gato = The cat has got your tongue
* Eres más raro que un perro verde :You are stranger than a green dog (NO) = You’re so strange
* A caballo regalado no le mires el diente: Don’t look a gift-horse in the mouth
* Tener memoria de pez: To have fish memory (NO) = To have the memory of a goldfish
* Tener pájaros en la cabeza: You have birds in your mind (NO) = You’re up in the clouds
* Matar dos pájaros de un tiro: To kill two birds in one shoot (NO) = To kill two birds with one stone
* Buscarle las tres patas al gato = To make something more difficult than it is
* Perro ladrador, poco mordedor: The dog which barks a lot does not bite (NO) = His bark is worse than his bite
* Vista de halcón = The eye-sight of a hawk
* You must wait until pigs fly = You wait until the cows come home
* Eres más listo que un zorro: You’re as clever as a fox (NO) = You’re as wise as an owl
LISTENINGS: Choose two listening activities from each link